A Recipe for Award-Winning Online Community Engagement
This highly visual 45-minute webinar presents research findings and proven best practices, practical tips and award-winning case studies to guide agencies or local governments towards the successful application of online community engagement for planning projects. Participants will walk away with an understanding about how to leverage digital engagement to achieve unprecedented results using cost-effective tools.
This session features special guests from the City of Abbotsford, BC talking about Abbotsforward, one of the most innovative and successful Official Community Planning projects we’ve ever seen. They are online to talk about the innovative ways they combined online and targeted face to face community engagement to involve over 8,000 community members in the creation of a plan for Abbotsford, BC. They also share advice for agencies seeking to improve the breadth and effectiveness of their community engagement efforts and talk about the positive difference that broad community support is making in their implementation process.
- What to look for when selecting online engagement tools for planning projects,
- How to design a fast and effective online experience,
- How to collect meaningful public feedback that is directly usable in planning documents,
- How to promote online participation,
- How to leverage mobile, touchscreen kiosks and other technologies effectively, and
- How to leverage social networking tools strategically.
Who Should View This
- Planning project leaders & staff,
- Public Information Officers, and
- Outreach and engagement personnel.